When it comes to indoor soccer, having the best indoor soccer shoes can make a significant difference in your performance.
The best indoor soccer shoes provide the support, comfort, and traction you need to excel on the court.
This article will explore some of the top options available in 2023, tested and approved by soccer experts.
What is an Indoor Soccer Shoe?
Indoor soccer shoes are specifically designed for the unique demands of indoor soccer. Unlike outdoor soccer cleats, indoor soccer shoes have a flat sole, usually made of gum rubber, designed for hard and smooth courts.
They are non-marking, flexible, and provide maximum grip on various flat surfaces, including hardwood and turf. Some of the best indoor turf soccer shoes are designed to balance and grip on flat surfaces, making them ideal for indoor soccer games.
The Importance of Having the Right Shoes
Having the right indoor soccer shoes is crucial for several reasons.
- Firstly, the right shoes provide the necessary traction on indoor surfaces, allowing you to make sharp turns and sudden stops with ease.
- Secondly, they offer the support needed to prevent injuries and keep you comfortable throughout the game.
- Lastly, the right shoes can enhance your performance, allowing for better ball control, improved agility, and faster movements.
12 Best Indoor Soccer Shoes
This article will explore the best indoor turf soccer shoes that prioritize comfort, durability, and top-notch performance on indoor surfaces. The expert team conducted thorough research and testing to create this list, considering factors like features, comfort, weight, speed, quality, and traction efficiency. These shoes offer breathability and are perfect for indoor field running needs.
1. Adidas Samba Classic
The Adidas Samba Classic is an iconic soccer shoe that has found its niche in the indoor soccer world. This shoe is known for its classic design and comfortable feel, making it a popular choice among players. The grip with the Samba is its standout feature, providing stability and thickness that allows for extended use. Despite being a classic shoe, it does lack some modern technology that players might expect from performance soccer shoes. For instance, the upper could be more durable and the material could be more breathable to make them feel lighter. However, the Samba Classic is still a favorite because of its performance, classic look, and durability.
- A timeless classic
- Provides outstanding, durable traction
- Comfortable enough for daily wear
- Not stuffed with modern technology
- Break-in process takes a little bit of time
2. Adidas Predator 19.4 Indoor Sala
The Adidas Predator 19.4 Indoor Sala is a basic indoor soccer shoe that performs exceptionally well. Made of synthetic leather, it is lightweight and durable, providing comfort at a reasonable price. The shoe’s low profile is a major selling point, especially for players who prefer unrestricted movement in the ankle area. While it’s not a high-end model from Adidas, it’s a great choice for players who are not overly serious about the game or for younger players who are constantly changing sizes. It’s a good starter indoor shoe for a variety of players and foot types.
- Lightweight for the price
- Low profile design allows for easy angle movement
- Feels a little cheap to some players
- Doesn’t provide a great amount of touch on shots
3. Adidas Predator 20.4 Indoor Sala
The Adidas Predator 20.4 Indoor Sala is a newer version of the popular indoor shoe. It’s an excellent choice for players seeking to play with extreme confidence. Available in a low-cut and an option with a collar for added support, players can get a very locked-in feel every time they play indoors. The shoe is packed with technology, including a durable rubber outsole and a textured upper for excellent control and touch. However, these shoes have a very narrow fit, which might not be ideal for people with wide feet.
- Small upgrades compared to the 19.4
- Textured upper provides excellent control
- Collar and collarless options
- Feels a little stiff, even after breaking in
- Collarless model doesn’t make a player feel locked in
4. Adidas Copa 20.4 Indoor
The Adidas Copa 20.4 indoor soccer shoe offers a significant amount of grip for all types of players. Those looking for a classic look with modern cushioning will appreciate what this model brings to the table. Made of synthetic materials, the shoe is very lightweight, allowing players to easily move around the field. It’s also one of the few soccer shoes that work well for people with wider feet. However, it’s not as durable as some players might prefer.
- Great grip
- Performs consistently for many skill levels
- Not that durable
- Narrow feet might struggle with a locked-in fit
5. Adidas Messi 15.3 Indoor
The Adidas Messi 15.3 Indoor is a higher-end shoe that offers several features making it worth the price for many players. Designed for competitive soccer players playing at a high level, the shoe is noticeably more lightweight than some of the cheaper versions. It has a molded midfoot and a very supportive heel piece, providing stability on the court at all times. The shoe also features a sock inside that does a great job of wicking away moisture, preventing sweat accumulation and slippage.
- Excellent wicking to handle sweat
- Great stability
- Overall durable shoe
- Some color choices are hard to find
- Shoes should be a little lighter for the cost
6. Adidas Predator Freak+ Indoor Shoes: Best Laceless
The Adidas Predator Freak+ indoor shoes are designed with a focus on control and precision. One of the most notable features is their textured upper, which enhances ball grip, allowing players to maintain control and accuracy when dribbling, passing, and shooting.
The raised elements on the upper provide a bit of extra friction between the shoe and ball, giving players an edge in performance. Adidas has also incorporated their Demonskin technology into the design of these shoes. This involves adding small rubber spikes throughout the textured upper for even more grip. These spikes are strategically placed to provide maximum control without negatively impacting comfort or flexibility.
- Textured upper for enhanced ball grip.
- Comfortable fit with sock-like collar.
- Emphasis on control and precision.
- Incorporation of Demonskin technology for additional grip.
- The shoe may not be as suitable for players who prioritize speed or agility.
- The design may not appeal to players who prefer a more traditional look.
7. Puma Momentta Vulcanized Sala
Puma has managed to modernize a classic looking shoe with the Momentta Vulcanized Sala, providing many indoor soccer players with the perfect option. The upper is the perfect blend of synthetic leather and breathable mesh. The traction with these shoes is great, and players can change direction without any type of slippage. They don’t feel like they are not going to hold up over a long time, so players are pretty confident whenever they are playing.
- Classic look and feel
- Modern technology allows for great breathability
- Minimal scuffing
- Feels just slightly bulky after long matches
- One-touch feel is a little off
8. New Balance Furon v7 Pro Indoor Shoes: Best New Balance
The New Balance Furon v7 Pro Indoor Shoes are designed with the need for speed and acceleration in mind. These shoes are made with a lightweight design that allows players to move quickly across the indoor surface. The upper of the shoe is made from a combination of synthetic material and mesh, which not only makes it lightweight but also helps to increase breathability.
Traction is one of the most important factors when it comes to indoor soccer shoes. The New Balance Furon v7 Pro Indoor Shoes come with a rubber sole that provides excellent grip on indoor surfaces. One unique feature of these shoes is their hexagonal stud configuration pattern. This design allows for increased traction in multiple directions, giving players better maneuverability when they need it most.
- Lightweight design for speed and acceleration.
- Breathable material for comfort during intense games.
- Excellent grip with unique hexagonal stud configuration.
- The design may not appeal to players who prefer a more traditional look.
- The shoes may not provide as much cushioning as other models.
9. Puma Future Z 1.1 Indoor Shoes: Best Value
The Puma Future Z 1.1 Indoor Shoes are designed to enhance agility, which is key when it comes to indoor soccer shoes. The shoes feature an innovative technology called “FUZIONFIT+” which provides a snug fit without sacrificing flexibility. This means that you can move quickly and easily on the court while still feeling supported.
The shoes also have a unique “GripControl Pro” material on the upper which enhances ball control in all conditions – whether wet or dry. This gives you an advantage over your opponents when it comes to dribbling, passing, and shooting.
In terms of style, these shoes come in a range of bold colorways including bright orange/red or black/white designs. They also feature a unique graphic print on the upper which catches the eye and adds a touch of style to your game.
- Innovative technology for a snug fit and enhanced natural movements.
- Unique material on the upper for improved ball control.
- Bold colorways and unique graphic print for style.
- The shoes run slightly small, so sizing may be an issue.
- The design may not appeal to players who prefer a more traditional look.
10. Nike Superfly 7 Academy MDS IC
The Nike Superfly 7 Academy MDS IC is a top choice for many soccer players. Nike has used technology and research to pinpoint exactly how players move on the court, providing ultimate support where a player needs most. With added durability and stability in certain spots, players never feel like they are not in control. The shoe is a bit more expensive than others on the list, but it’s a worthy investment considering all the positives.
- Outstanding traction
- Stability in the right places
- Lightweight upper
- A little more expensive than most on this list
- Collar might take a little time getting used to
11. Nike Phantom VSN 2 Academy
The Nike Phantom VSN 2 Academy is a clean-looking indoor soccer shoe that scores high in performance. Made of very flexible materials, players feel like they can get a customized fit. The shoe provides excellent traction indoors, and players feel like they are entirely locked in once they are on foot. The shoe also features a hidden lacing system, which might help with accuracy and control when using the top of the foot.
- Sleek design
- Hidden laces
- Very snug fit
- Multi-plate sole takes time to get used to
- It could be slightly more breathable
12. Kelme Star 360 Michelin Leather & Mesh
For people who love a classic type of look and feel, Kelme makes an outstanding shoe for exactly that. The biggest selling feature here is the Michelin rubber outsole that is utilized with the shoe. People don’t have to worry about having any durability issues with this type of rubber, as these shoes will last for a long time even under heavy use. However, the shoe feels a bit bulkier than other options in the same price range, and the sizing can be a bit tricky.
- Michelin rubber provides great durability and traction
- Solid leather on the upper
- Classic look
- Feels just a little bit bulkier than other options in the same price range
- Sizing is a bit tricky
Best Indoor Soccer Shoes for Wide Feet
If you have wide feet, consider the following options:
- Puma Future Z 1.1 Indoor Shoes
- Nike Superfly 7 Academy MDS IC
- Nike Phantom VSN 2 Academy
Best Indoor Soccer Shoes Buying Guide
When choosing the best indoor soccer shoes, consider the type of surface you’ll be playing on, your playing style, and the shoe’s fit. Indoor soccer shoes should have a flat sole and be made of a material that provides a good grip on indoor surfaces. The shoe should fit snugly and provide good support to prevent injuries.
Indoor Soccer Shoe Features to Consider
When shopping for the best indoor soccer shoes, there are several key features to consider:
- Heel Support: Proper heel support is crucial to prevent ankle and Achilles injuries. Look for shoes with additional heel cushioning to absorb the impact from firm ground.
- Ankle Support: If you have a history of weak ankles or recurring injuries, prioritize shoes with built-in ankle support.
- Weight: A lightweight shoe won’t slow you down on the field.
- Grip: The best indoor soccer shoes provide excellent grip to help you maintain your footing and stand your ground against the opposition.
- Control: Indoor soccer requires quick movements, so you’ll need a shoe that optimizes control and facilitates quick cuts and changes in direction.
What Makes Indoor Soccer Shoes Different From Outdoor Soccer Cleats?
- Indoor soccer shoes have a flat, non-marking rubber sole for good traction on indoor surfaces, while outdoor soccer cleats have long studs for grip on grass fields.
- Indoor soccer shoes are more flexible to handle the quick movements and changes in direction required in indoor soccer.
- Indoor soccer shoes are designed to provide good grip, control, and comfort on hard, flat surfaces, while outdoor soccer cleats are designed to provide grip and stability on grass fields.
Are Indoor Soccer Shoes Worth It?
Yes, indoor soccer shoes are worth it. They are designed specifically for the demands of indoor soccer and provide the necessary grip, control, and comfort on indoor surfaces. Using outdoor soccer cleats for indoor soccer can lead to poor performance and an increased risk of injury.
Summing Up on Best Indoor Soccer Shoes
Choosing the best indoor soccer shoes can significantly improve your performance in the game. Consider the type of surface you’ll be playing on, your playing style, and the shoe’s fit when choosing your shoes. Remember, the right pair of shoes can make a big difference in your game.
Faqs on Best Indoor Soccer Shoes
Do Indoor Soccer Shoes Help?
Yes, indoor soccer shoes are helpful for indoor soccer games due to the following reasons:
- Grip: They provide excellent traction on indoor surfaces, enabling quick movements and turns during the game.
- Lightweight: Indoor soccer shoes are typically lighter than outdoor soccer shoes, which can improve players’ performance and agility on the court.
- Less Comfort: Compared to running shoes, indoor soccer shoes have a thinner sole, leading to less comfort and shock absorption during play.
- Wear and Tear: Using indoor soccer shoes outdoors can wear down their grip quickly, making them less effective for indoor play over time.
Can You Wear Regular Sneakers for Indoor Soccer?
It’s not recommended to wear regular sneakers for indoor soccer. Regular sneakers lack the grip and support needed for the quick movements, turns, and full stops that are common in indoor soccer. Using regular sneakers could increase the risk of slipping and injury.
How Big Should Indoor Soccer Shoes Be?
Indoor soccer shoes should fit snugly on your feet. They should be tight enough to feel responsive but not so tight that they cause discomfort. There should be a gap of about a thumb’s width between the end of your big toe and the tip of the shoe. This ensures a good fit and feel on the ball.
What is the Difference Between Turf Shoes and Cleats?
The main difference between turf shoes and cleats lies in their design and intended use. Cleats have long, sometimes detachable spikes that are designed for traction on natural grass fields. Turf shoes, on the other hand, have small rubber studs or patterns on the sole that provide grip on artificial turf surfaces.
Can You Walk With Indoor Soccer Shoes?
While indoor soccer shoes are designed for indoor soccer games, they can be used for walking. However, because they are designed for specific surfaces and movements, they may not provide the same comfort and support as regular walking shoes when you’re out and about.
Do Indoor Soccer Shoes Have Spikes?
Are Indoor Soccer Shoes Comfortable
Yes, indoor soccer shoes are designed for both performance and comfort. They provide good arch support and can be used for indoor soccer matches and as everyday shoes. However, they are not recommended for constant use on rough surfaces like concrete, as this can wear down the rubber sole quickly and potentially lead to discomfort or injury.
Do Indoor Soccer Shoes Make a Difference?
Yes, indoor soccer shoes do make a difference. They are designed specifically for the fast-paced nature of indoor soccer, with features that enhance performance on indoor surfaces. These include a flat sole for better grip and maneuverability, and a lighter weight for improved speed and agility. Using indoor soccer shoes can significantly improve your game compared to using regular sneakers or outdoor soccer shoes.